French Open 2008

Mnemotechnik als Mentalsport. Hier dreht sich alles um Meisterschaften, mentale Höchstleistungen, neue sowie alte Rekorde im Bereich des Gedächtnissports.

Moderatoren: Hannes, Boris, Marlo

Antworten
Wiener Schnitzel

French Open 2008

Beitrag von Wiener Schnitzel »

(English text at bottom of this note)

Hallo, liebe Gedächtnissportler!

Für die ersten French Open gibt es nunmehr folgende Daten:

Termin: 20. September 2008

Der Wettkampf findet unter Aufsicht des World Memory Sports Council statt.

Internetseite (derzeit leider nur auf Französisch):
http://www.championnat-memoire.fr/

Ich denke, das ist ein attraktives neues Wettkampfangebot für uns europäischen Sportler, und die Organisatorin Francoise schrieb:
"I'll be very happy to welcome you and some Germans in Maisons-Laffitte." Klingt doch nett. :)

Sobald weitere interessante Informationen eintreffen, werde ich sie hier reinstellen. Fragen gerne willkommen, werde mich um Antworten bemühen!

Lieben Gruß

Gaby

Dear memory athletes!

First information on the French Open 2008:

date: September 20th, 2008

The competition will be supervised by the World Memory Sports Council.

website (at this time in French only):

I consider the French Open to be an attractive new event for the European memory athletes and these are the welcoming words of organiser Francoise Thuillier:
"I'll be very happy to welcome you and some Germans in Maisons-Laffitte." And let me add: Not only Germans of course! :)

Further information will be supplied here, and please feel free to ask any questions. I'll try to get the answers.

Gaby
Boris
Administrator
Beitrag von Boris »

Wird es die sprachbasierten Disziplinen nur in französisch geben, oder auch in englisch (oder sogar deutsch)?
Wiener Schnitzel

nicht-französische Vorlagen

Hallo Boris,

hab grad die Antwort bekommen. Die Organisatorin sagt, daß sie Übersetzungen anbietet sofern drei oder mehr Athleten aus einem anderen Land antreten.

Aber vielleicht ist das ja noch verhandelbar. :wink:

Ich plane derzeit meine Teilnahme.

Françoise Thuillier will in Tuttlingen bei der DGM sein, und dort kann man sie sicher wegen allem möglichen auch ansprechen.

Bitte stellt bis dahin gerne auch weiterhin Eure Fragen hier, dann können wir von den Antworten gleich alle profitieren.

Lieber Gruß!

Gaby

The French organiser says :

"I'll offer translations if 3 or more athletes from a particular country compete."

I would encourage those that intend to participate as the only one from their country to get in contact with Françoise via the French Open website:

Françoise Thuillier said she will be at the German Memory Championship in Tuttlingen and I am sure we can ask her anything there.

But please feel free to continue asking questions on this forum, as the answers might be of interest for us all.

Thanks!

Gaby
Wiener Schnitzel

Dreisprachige Meisterschaft, Unterkunft

Hallo Gedächtnissportler!

Ich habe gestern eine mail von Françoise Thuillier bekommen mit folgender Info:
Die sprachbasierten Disziplinen bei der French Open am 20.09.2008 in Paris werden in Französisch, Englisch und Deutsch angeboten.

Françoise bittet alle Gedächtnissportler, die Interesse an dieser Meisterschaft haben, ihr kurzfristig eine e-mail zu senden an:

fm.thuillier@orange.fr

also auch, wenn Ihr noch nicht sicher wißt, ob Ihr teilnehmt, aber mit dem Gedanken spielt.

Unterkunft: Die Meisterschaft findet in einem Internat statt, und die Veranstalterin rechnet von daher mit angemessenen bis preisgünstigen Unterkünften. Sobald ich hier näheres weiß, gebe ich es hier im Forum weiter.

Gaby

Hi everybody!

got an e-mail from Françoise Thuillier yesterday, the organiser of the French Open on September 20th, 2008:
The discplines will be offered in French, English and German.

Françoise asks everyone who is interested in participating, to send her a note to:

fm.thuillier@orange.fr

Please let her know even if you have not decided yet whether to participate or not.

accomodation: The competition takes place in a boarding school, so that accomodation should be rather cheap. As soon as I get more information about rates I'll post them here.

Gaby
Wiener Schnitzel

Unterkunft in Paris - accomodation in Paris

Hi memory athletes!

I got the information that a school in Paris is going to offer free accomodation for the competitors of the French Open Memory Championship. The school's name is "L'Ermitage".
As soon as I have more information I will let you know!

Gaby
Wiener Schnitzel

accomodation

Hi memory athletes!

accomodation: Whoever is going to stay at the school l'Ermitage, the procedure is the following: Your contact person is Françoise Thuillier. Please write her to the following e-mail adress: fm.thuillier@orange.fr
and let her know the date of your arrival and departure. The accomodation is, as far as I know, for free.

Gaby
Wiener Schnitzel

results and photos

Hi all!

The first Open Memory Championship in France took place last weekend!

I have done a report with photos on the event which you can access at:

http://www.gedaechtnistrainer.net/maiso ... te2008.htm

And here are the results:

1. Ben Pridmore, 5499 points
2. Gaby Kappus, 4255 points
3. Idriz Zogaj, 1882 points
4. François Farzaneh, 1058 points
5. Olivier Boucher 267 points

The next French Open is to be expected as soon as January 2009!
And thus the endless winters without memory events might be... history!
:-)

Will keep you posted.

Gaby
Antworten